Work Injury Accident Injury Treatment in Victorville CA at Life Chiropractic
A work injury accident injury can do a lot more than simply cause pain and discomfort. In many cases, it can actually lead to lost wages and reduced quality of life. At Life Chiropractic, our Victorville chiropractic staff offers Californians the relief they need from work injuries so they can get back to the jobs and lifestyles they love.
A work injury can happen in virtually any job—whether it's a physically demanding one (such as first responder or construction) or a more sedentary one (such as an office job or long-haul truck driving). Among our hardworking patients, we often see the following issues:
- Muscle strains, e.g., rotator cuff strain or back spasms
- Nerve compression syndromes, e.g., carpal tunnel syndrome in the wrist or sciatica in the lower back
- Tech neck and whiplash (neck pain syndromes caused by poor posture and forceful neck extension/flexion, respectively)
- Plantar fasciitis (heel pain caused by irritation to the underside of the foot)
- Low back pain
Without proper treatment, an acute work injury can devolve into a chronic, longer-lasting issue. That's why we encourage people to seek care for their symptoms if they don't go away within a few days to a week—instead of just relying on pain medication and hoping the problem and underlying risk factors will "go away" in time.
Risk Factors for a Work Injury
What are the risk factors for work injury? Even with standardized workflow practices and protocols that aim to minimize injury risk, injuries can and do happen on the job. Common contributing factors include:
- Repetitive movement, heavy lifting, and frequent bending/twisting
- Excessive sitting
- Slips falls, and auto accidents
- Poor posture and ergonomic setup
How a Chiropractor in Victorville Prevents and Treats Work Injury
A work injury can lead to physical, emotional, and even financial strain. If you're dealing with anything from a nagging pain to a more serious issue forcing you to take a leave of absence, we encourage you to consult with a chiropractor in Victorville. We can diagnose your condition, clue you into the unique risk factors contributing to your work injury, and then provide individualized treatment that will resolve symptoms and address the underlying cause of your dysfunction.
Common examples of work injury treatment with a chiropractor include:
- Chiropractic adjustments
- Corrective exercises
- Non-invasive modalities like electrical stimulation and ultrasound
- Ergonomic/lifestyle training
Did You Suffer an Injury on The Job?
Contact the team at Life Chiropractic at (760) 241-2000 to schedule an initial consultation with Victorville chiropractor Dr. Korthuis or Dr. Boehmer. Don't let a work injury hold you back from a productive and engaging day on the job!